[project1dev] Re: combat musings - injuries, status, party list, matchups and tagteaming

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:48:37 -0400

ok, im cool with the spirit nodes thing, sounds good.  hey question though -
and this is a bit off from what i was thinking initially (you brought up
good points and changed my mind re: this) -- i think if you die, you go back
to the node but w/ the experience but i dont think you should keep items you
found, etc. like if you went into a cave to retrieve some crazy weapon, you
shouldnt be able to grab it and die and start back at the beginning...
should definitely survive a round trip.  Maybe the hero gets one "knock out"
before dying and going back to the spirit node, if that makes sense.  that
way they get a second chance but they can still die.