[project1dev] Re: combat musings - injuries, status, party list, matchups and tagteaming

  • From: eric drewes <figarus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: project1dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 11:45:49 -0400

well i think health would probably work like a hybrid of halo and marvel vs
capcom where you have two health bars, current life and max life, your
current life can go up via auto healing or first aid, but your max life
cannot be restored unless you're in a town.

example:

main character has:
max hp 100
current hp 100

he gets punched, losing life
max hp 90
current hp 70

now he uses first aid, bringing him back up to 90 (100 is truemax, but he
cannot attain that)
max hp 90
current hp 90

this will also influence the strategy of party set up, tagteaming, etc.