-=PCTechTalk=- Re: LCD Guru's - what about this monitor?

  • From: "rudy" <rudylopeznc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2007 12:44:27 -0400

Hey G, I looked up your LCD and indeed, the specs are very nice. Although my
video card only supports up to 1280 x 1024, I can not take full advantage
but I run at 1024 x 768 now. If I bumb it up to 1280 x 1024 everything is
really too small..Just wondering when I buy the new LCD, should I get a new
video card? This card is brand new, Dell gave me the new Dual Core as an
upgrade, nice system but only a 256MB ATI Radeon X1300PRO. If I do not plan
on running above 1280 x 1024, would I need a new video card to get full use
of the LCD? And DVI I look forward to. My Samsung 19" SyncMaster 912n, looks
like Samsung would let me upgrade to the 226BW but I asked about
upgrading..mine is under warranty another year.
I was leaning towards this:
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2974456&sku=H94-1909

But for some extra money I could stick with Samsung :) My first LCD was a
17" SyncMaster.....thanks.
Rudy