-=PCTechTalk=- LCD Guru's - what about this monitor?

  • From: "Tech Rose - LoveBytes" <TechRose@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 19:28:13 -0700

I personally would recommend the LG monitor I bought.
It is at Fry's Computers.....

It is a LG 20" Widescreen LCD Monitor.  It is $269. no rebates. (The 19" is
$239 - no rebates also &3000:1 contrast ratio)
It has both VGA & DVI inputs.

Native Resolution: 1680x1050
Brightness: 300nits
CONTRAST RATIO: 3000:1
Response Time: 2ms Pixel Pitch: 0.258x0.258
Viewing Angle: 170/170 Inputs: D-sub & DVI-D

Frys item # is 5175336

go to www.Frys.com and enter the item number if this link does not work.
http://shop2.outpost.com/%7B2AgSlILxNttwRf9F4APy5Q**.node1%7D/product/5175336;jsessionid=2AgSlILxNttwRf9F4APy5Q**.node1?site=sr:SEARCH:MAIN_RSLT_PG

You will notice above, the contrast ratio is 3 THOUSAND to 1!

I have this monitor.
I have one currently plugged into a VGA port and one into a DVI port.  While
the VGA looks good and is much better than my old VGA monitor, it is a far cry
from the one plugged into the DVI port.  It is like night and day!  The colors
are so much more vibrant.  You can see much more detail!

I do not need to have a light on while I am using the monitor!  When I get my
new computer back...from Fry's replacing the motherboard, I will have both
monitors plugged into DVI slots and I am wondering if my glasses,
transitions(?) (which go dark in the sunshine) may go dark on me from the light
of the monitors....lol!

As for the response time and viewing angles..they are much better than my old
one.

I would highly recommend this monitor.  Also, if you live where there is a
Fry's Computer Store, I would also buy the 5 yr warranty.  I know most folks
feel they are a waste of money.  But, I feel it is  buying peace of mind.  For
5 years I know I do not have to worry about the monitor.  I believe it comes
with a one yr manufacturer's warranty.  (If you buy the 5 yr warranty, it is
still 5 yrs, but you bring it to Fry's and they either fix or repair it.  (If
it dies in the first yr, you could get the manufacturer to replace it, but that
involves shipping it, etc.)

No matter what monitor you purchase... Enjoy!  Have a wonderful time.
Rose