-=PCTechTalk=- LCD Guru's - what about this monitor?

  • From: "rudy" <rudylopeznc@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "PCtech" <PCTechTalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 16:13:39 -0400

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=2743722&sku=N223-2200&CMP=EMC-TIGEREMAIL&SRCCODE=WEM1391MH
Great price and some very good reviews, the only negative is the contrast ratio
only 700:1. Although I read what contrast means I'm still not totally sure.
Thing is I have a Samsung 19" LCD, info on it  below. I'm just wanting to put
less strain on my eyes and best, crisp picture. Never heard of the brand but
reviews are very good and sure they post positive reviews but I read some harsh
reviews on some as well. Bottom line, how much  of an ugrade ( besides the 3 ")
would the 22" be over my current?  Thanks..
Rudy

http://www.shopping.com/xGS-syncmaster_912_n

Product Information
The Samsung SyncMaster 912N is a 19-inch analog TFT-LCD delivering a 800:1
contrast ratio, 260 cd/m2 brightness, 1280 x 1024 resolution, 170/170 degree
viewing angle and scanning frequency of 30-81 kHz horizontal and 56-75 Hz
vertical. It features a narrow bezel design, built-in power and Samsung?s
MagicBrightTM and MagicTuneTM technology.