-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installing SP2 & Flashing Bios

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:32:34 -0500

Nope.  Flashing the BIOS is when you open up the computer case, and have a
naked man in a raincoat...   you get the picture!  LOL

Actually, flashing a BIOS is writing a BIOS update to the flash-BIOS chip.
The equivalent of installing SP2 to XP, but it is physically written to a
semiconductor chip rather than your hard drive.

The process can cause problems if done incorrectly because the BIOS... which
stands for B asic I nput- O output S ervice... provides the basic
communications to allow the computer to boot to your system disk.

For an easy to understand description/definition visit
http://www.webopedia.com/TERM/B/BIOS.html

Don

Do YOU want a gmail account invitation?  Include your email address in the
body of a private message to dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx