-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installing SP2 & Flashing Bios

  • From: Frandy <jskene@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 09:37:49 -0500

I followed the links from MS on "What to Know Before you ....& Install XP SP2
and the link to Dell  under manufacturers where
"Dell recommends that you update the BIOS when a newer version is available
since the Bios update can affect peripheral performance and configuration".
I went to Dell Forum>Dimension>Bios>Biosupgrade and posed a similar question.
"Majestic" suggested that I
1) Flash the BIOS (giving me a link to AO7 Bios for my model
2) Get new hardware installed and running
3) Check for viruses, spyware etc, then install SP2
He said "As far as the BIOS upgrade, with the hardware changes you made, I
would think a BIOS upgrade is in order - a number of BIOS upgrades have fixes
related just to video".
I haven't had the opportunity to follow-up on his suggestions or yours or maybe
I am just procrastinating because I am getting conflicting information.
If I install the Intellimouse and HP All-In-One will I have conflicts with the
Scanjet 3500c and Logitech Mouse software. Should I go to Add/Remove and delete
the Scanjet, it has a larger scanning bed so would I be able to use both units,
if I leave the 3400c on the computer. Boy I am confused but appreciate your
input to my dilemma.
Thanks for your interest and help!
Frandy