-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installing SP2 & Flashing Bios

  • From: "Don" <dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 10:39:12 -0500

Please go back to the forum and ask what specific hardware requires the
flash.  I know of no technology at the consumer level, that might require a
flash update on a computer as new as yours.

Have you visited the Dell BIOS website to read about any updates for your
BIOS?  Here it is...  http://tinyurl.com/5xm2e

You may need to log-on using your computer service tag number or model
number to get there.   Read through the updates in each version all the way
back to the first update after your version...  i.e. if your version is A04
read descriptions for A05, A06 and A07.  My version is A05 and I saw no
reason to update my BIOS.

Don't have your service tag or version number?  Go to www.belarc.com and
download this utility to run an audit of your system.  When it finishes find
the BIOS version (right hand column about 2 inches down from the top).  Just
above that should be your service tag number and a link to support for your
system.  Click there and then navigate to downloads and flashBIOS updates.

Don

Do YOU want a gmail account invitation?  Include your email address in the
body of a private message to dsw32952@xxxxxxxxx