-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Installing SP2 & Flashing Bios

  • From: "T. Hunt" <ilrover@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 09 Mar 2005 12:36:40 -0500

Don-

Not to be contentious here but I have to take issue regarding the BIOS
and Frandy's obvious reluctance to get into flashing the BIOS.

Flash the BIOS ONLY if there is a reason to do so regarding the
installation of SP2 or regarding a problem you are having with the
system that a BIOS update will specifically address.  Otherwise, leave
it alone.

Yes, check the Dell Website for any notifications about the BIOS and
SP2, as well as any forums regarding SP2 and that 8300 system.  But if
there is no reason relating to SP2 and the BIOS, leave it alone.

And if there are reasons to flash, and the person is inexperienced, seek
professional help.

Tom