-=PCTechTalk=- Re: AOL problem?

  • From: HandsomeBlck@xxxxxxx
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:22:49 EST

In a message dated 3/9/2005 1:55:24 PM Pacific Standard Time,
kg6ocz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> they are getting the files , just don't know how to get INTO them.. I don't
>
> have AOL so I can't tell her how. I was wondering if maybe sending multipul
> files in one email was a problem.  Like I maybe have to send each one
> separate.  Then I got to thinking these are image files..jpg and the like.
> Does that mean a special program is needed beyond AOL to open those?  Maybe
> that's the problem??
>        *~*<*>Mary Lou<*>*~*
>             /\ - /\

Mary Lou,
     Have them check "where" they have directed AOL to auto download the
JPG's.  The default is in an AOL program sub folder.  This may be the problem -
they can't find the photo once they download it, either single photo's or
zipped.
     The only other problem I've had with photos, mostly from web pages, is
sometimes AOL sees the photo as an *.ART, file.  If that's the case, then I
copy the photo to an email that I send to myself.  Then I save the photo as a
JPG, then attach the new photo to a new outgoing email.
Hope this helps,

HB