-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox Revisited

  • From: "~OoO~" <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 09 Dec 2005 13:01:05 -0500

Don't fret. You did great. That number is the model number. From that we =
now know you have a Seagate drive. Specifically this one:
http://tinyurl.com/aiqz

Seagate has their own diagnostic tools. All free, of course. While not =
as easy or user friendly as stand-alone products, its probably the best =
tool for the job. Each manufacturer has their own tool, and no one knows =
the drive better than themselves, right?

Since this is technically the best option, and the free option, we'll =
try this first. If you go here:
http://tinyurl.com/yvjhu

You will see three tools... SeaTools Online, SeaTools Desktop and =
SeaTools Enterprise.

SeaTools online allows you to do a diagnostics without actually =
downloading the entire thing and installing.

SeaTools Desktop is for standard home systems.

SeaTools Enterprise is for, well, enterprise setups.

You want either the Online tool or the Desktop tool. Let's use the =
Online tool first.

You can select it by going to the bottom of that column and selecting =
ENGLISH. Just follow the instructions on the following pages.

I have never used this one, so I can't so much walk you through as I =
could 'guide' you through. So, do it, and if you have questions you can =
ask here. At the end, take note of the results, and let us know.

Sir Troth
ICQ #1717439
AIM/AOL: SirTrothX
Yahoo: SirTroth