-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox Revisited

  • From: "Judith Tramayne" <jtb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2005 12:53:43 -0800

Why the heck aren't you my neighbor but then why would you leave
all those wonderful computer stores close to you!!

I love tigerdirect.com

Judith

_______________
Remember, most stores have price matching.  If you have the ad,
take it to
the store closest to you and check it out.  Sometimes the store
will call
the other store to make sure they have the product available.
Most times,
they just see the ad and honor the price.  I have done this MANY
times over
the years....with NO hassle.  If the ad is online and you do not
have the
newspaper, print out the ad.   You could try to call the store
first to
check their policy and make sure you have your ducks in a row.
I think
Office Depot even has a policy that it will give you back the
difference
plus 10% if you see the item advertised cheaper elsewhere.

Read the fine print and act quickly.
For instance.... CompUSA had a sale... in the  Sunday..but only
for six
hours particular hours on Sunday...so check it out!
Circuit City's add was only for 4 or 5 hours on line! (They have
the buy it
on line and it is ready in the store for pickup in 24 minutes or
get a free
$24 gift card!)

I sign up for the store ads.  It is usually one email a week and
I do not
get spam because of it.  They do not share your address.  This
helps keep me
on top what is on sale.You can buy most sale items on line.  You
may also be
able to get free Shipping.  CompUSA has a deal.  You pay $20 to
join their
loyalty club.  That is what they call it in the store.  It is
the CompUSA
Network For Business - For Work, For Life, For Play.  You do not
have to
have a business to join.  For the $20 for the year, you get:

Free standard Shipping on online orders.  We got 100 DVD's  (for
about $10 )
and the shipping was free.  DVD's are heavy!
Free Annual Computer Cleaning & Tune-up.  You just bring your PC
into the
store with the certificate you get in your membership package.
You can track all your purchases.  You get points for all your
purchases and
can get free stuff with the points.  Just getting the PC tune-up
cleaning is
worth the $20.  I doubt I will spend enough to get anything with
points, but
the free shipping and cleaning make it worthwhile in my mind.

In any case...you have great help here.  These folks are great!
Enjoy!
Rose