-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox Revisited

  • From: ~OoO~ <sirtroth@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:15:41 -0500

I can understand the fear of losing everything. But, you're on the right =
track. Don't be too fearful! Plus... your main concern seems to be the =
bookmarks, and you'll definitely have that covered. Worse case scenario =
is you need to just re-customize your settings, but the bookmarks will =
still be there to retrieve from the backup.

You can zip the folder and email it yourself, yes. Good idea. Just keep =
in mind that, even zipped, the Mozilla folder might be too large to =
email. Try it and see if it goes. If it is too large, you can create the =
email, attach the zip file, and then instead of actually sending it you =
just save the UNSENT email to your DRAFT folder. This way, even though =
the email was not sent, the attachment is already tied to the email and =
in your UNSENT message. You can go in and pull out the attachment and =
re-save it to the hard drive just as if you received it. Only difference =
is that it doesn't go through the mail servers.

Let me know if you have any problems.

---Troth