-=PCTechTalk=- Re: Firefox Revisited

  • From: betty <nextcent@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pctechtalk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 08 Dec 2005 15:48:38 -0500

O.K. I'm back now, and ready to try something, but first I have tell you
that my computer can only
house one hard drive. When I first got it, I had a wonderful tech guru
(who has since moved across
the country, and I know no one else!), and he wanted to install my old
drive as the slave. Impossible!
And when we called Dell, they said there was no hardware made for my
machine to use to install a
second drive. We were so upset. My guru attached the old drive on the
outside somehow, and transferred
files. It was not a wonderful experience!
I was wrong about how old my computer is: it's exactly 3 years old
Dimension 2350 Pentium 4 at 1.80 GHz
256MB DDR SDRAM at 266MHz
40GB Ultra ATA-100 Hard Drive (7200  RPM)

I did not buy an extended warranty
At the bottom of the packing slip, it says "System Service Tags  BC78521
I have Windows XP Home, Service Pack 2

As previously mentioned, I have low vision...that's why I couldn't use
the Firefox .5 upgrade. Which may not
be directly related to my never having looked inside the computer. I
think the real reason probably is that all
those cables and connections intimidate me. I'm afraid I'll never be
able to find where to put each when I'm
ready to close it up.

What is bothering me about looking into a new hard drive, is that each
of you, Troth and Don, have in one way
or another, said IF I need a new one, I may not need a new one, etc. And
if that is the case, I certainly want to
investigate other alternatives. Or rather, find out for certain, that I
need one.

Kim Komando's email included this:

*FREE REGISTRY SCAN. FIX ERRORS AND IMPROVE PC PERFORMANCE.*
www.pctools.com/kkrs <http://www.pctools.com/kkrs>

Registry Mechanic from PC Tools can safely clean, repair and optimize
your registry in a few simple clicks. Easily fix errors that commonly
cause performance problems and crashes. Used on over 20 million PCs
worldwide.

Are you familiar with this? Should I do it?

O.K. I'm now going to go over the emails explaining how to back up
without using Roxio.