[pchelpers] Re: AVG doesn't run in safe mode

  • From: PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:28:20 -0500

Ekhart GEORGI (last name last) wrote:

>That's a DOS command ("change directory"). You see we should have been
>in DOS, not Windows when we were doing this. I wonder, does that mean
>AVG is not usable in safe mode on those XPs etc. with NTFS?!

I sitting here thinking "are you guys nuts?" Of course AVG works in
safemode I do it all the time. Then
it occurred to me that I scan in safemode all the time on other people's
computers. And they run 98 and WinMe.
I have never tried scanning my computer (XP Home On NTFS) in safemode
before. So I tried. It didn't work.
No Driver core found. Now that stinks. What if I need to do a safemode
scan? I guess I could pull out
the hard drive and put it in my other computer and let it scan the
drive. I did that before and it works.

Pc