[pchelpers] Re: AVG doesn't run in safe mode

  • From: PcCowboy <saddle@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:24:41 -0500

Robert McLellan wrote:

>Now I don't know anything about AVG (except don't run it with Norton's) but
>why would you have to run it in safe mode?  I don't think I have seen any AV
>for XP with NTFS that suggests that you run it in safe mode.  That is one of
>the nice features of XP!

I'm not sure why I started scanning in safe mode. I think it may have
something to do with a computer
that was so messed up because of a virus that it could only be started
in safe mode. Also thinking that
in safe mode the virus processes wouldn't be running making it easier to
heal or remove an infected file.
I have had some files that couldn't be removed because the virus was
running and had the file locked.
Of course this may all be old school thinking. The new anti-virus
programs may have ways to get to a virus
running or not.

Pc