[pchelpers] Re: AVG doesn't run in safe mode

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:26:15 +0300

Hi Bob

> Now I don't know anything about AVG (except don't run it with Norton's) but
> why would you have to run it in safe mode?  I don't think I have seen any AV
> for XP with NTFS that suggests that you run it in safe mode.  That is one of
> the nice features of XP!

Apparently this is necessary in cases where the malware is running and
can't be terminated by the antivirus program because it's "locked"
(protected) by Windows and always restarts with the puter. I don't know
if this is unnecessary with other AVs and is only an AVG weakness, but i
assume that this is specifically why one sometimes needs a specialized
antitrojan program -- at least if one doesn't want to start messing
around with command lines and learning DOS stuff.

www.grisoft.com/faq/us_faqtext.php?id=224&sid=25
and
www.grisoft.com/faq/us_faqtext.php?id=53&id_lang=1&sid=25

Ek