[pchelpers] Re: AVG doesn't run in safe mode

  • From: "Ekhart GEORGI (last name last)" <ekhart.georgi@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 15:15:51 +0300

Hi Pc

> I sitting here thinking "are you guys nuts?" Of course AVG works in
> safemode I do it all the time. Then
> it occurred to me that I scan in safemode all the time on other people's
> computers. And they run 98 and WinMe.
> I have never tried scanning my computer (XP Home On NTFS) in safemode
> before. So I tried. It didn't work.
> No Driver core found.

That's the error message i got too when i tried to run it in normal safe
mode because i hadn't bother to read the directions on
www.grisoft.com/faq/us_faqtext.php?id=224&sid=25
and
www.grisoft.com/faq/us_faqtext.php?id=53&id_lang=1&sid=25

I think it should work for you too in safe mode with command prompt. It
worked for me, but i got the following error message that i was able to
ignore though:

16 bit MS-DOS Subsystem
cmd.exe -avg
An application has attempted to directly access the hard disk, which
cannot be supported. This may cause the application to function
incorrectly. Choose "Close" to terminate the application.

I'd be interested if others also get this error message and if anybody
can explain what this means.

Ek