[pchelpers] Re: Flash drives / 256 mb or 128 mb

  • From: Scott McNay <Wizard@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: "G.R. Hanson" <pchelpers@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 11 Jun 2004 23:32:26 -0500

Hi Re-Na,

Friday, June 11, 2004, 2:45:48 PM, you wrote:

GRH> Yeah, but I have to burn them at my expense.
GRH> With this, I can load the files or let them do it and not have to 'waste' a
GRH> cd each time.

There's always CD-RWs, although they seem to me to be more sensitive
to damage.

I use DVD-Rs and DVD-RWs nowadays; I can buy them online now for about
the same as the store price for CD-Rs and CD-RWs used to be last year.
Which reminds me, I need to buy some more...

Try this place:  http://www.shop4tech.com

The 100 Matrix DVD-R 4X discs that I paid $59 for 2 months ago are now
$49, and if I don't mind trying a different brand, I can pay $38, with
free tax and shipping in the US. At OfficeMax, I can expect to pay at
least $82+tax.

For CD-R, $16, no shipping or tax, for 100 discs. At OfficeMax,
$18+tax. In this case, though, the difference is small enough,
considering that I can go to the store and get it immediately, instead
of having to wait for ground shipping.

Does anyone know of a cheaper place for media that seems to be good
quality?

--Scott.