[opendtv] Re: PAL

  • From: Mark Schubin <tvmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:22:31 -0500

Japan uses only NTSC-M.

Only Barbados (briefly) had a version of NTSC on System-N, but it wasn't a standard.

TTFN,
Mark

Dale Kelly wrote:
Thanks Don,
I've also tried to explain this to the group several times over the years.
However, I also was not aware that there were 625/50 NTSC systems; which
would occur if NTSC was adopted by a region with 50 Hz power line frequency.
Would that be Japan?