[opendtv] Re: PAL

  • From: "Dale Kelly" <dalekelly@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 14:48:21 -0800

Jonas wrote
> Yes, Brazil and Laos uses M-PAL 525 line system.
> In Europe, NATO military bases uses NTSC 625 line system.

I believe that you are correct. I recall, in the late 1960s, having to
modify a U.S. made B&W TV to detect the higher frequency audio subcarrier to
allow reception of the Armed Forces channel (and also the German channels,
in B&W). The sets V-Hold control had sufficient range to lock the V
oscillator on the 50 Hz frame rate.