[opendtv] Re: PAL

  • From: "peter wilson" <peter.wilson@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 13:47:34 -0000

I once had in my charge a Vacuum tube TV which could do PAL and NTSC 625 +
405 monochrome. This was apparently built for an early 60's BBC trial where
625 NTSC was an option. This trial is apparently the reason that the UK has
6Mhz sound carrier spacing whereas the rest of Europe has 5.5. Cant now
remember the technical reason why, some thing to do with harmonics I
believe.

BR Peter