[opendtv] Re: Mobile DTV test

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 18 Apr 2004 00:37:29 -0700

At 1:05 PM -0400 4/17/04, John Golitsis wrote:
>Do you have trouble finding video to play on your laptop today?  I sure don't.

Sure, I can play DVDs, and with some effort I can download some of
the stuff I mentioned. I watched a movie on a laptop on the plane to
Las Vegas last night.

After i arrived it took several hours to figure out how to get the
DSL working on my laptop in the house we are renting for the week.
Fortunately I was within range of a WiFi network in another house
;-), and was able to access the web and search for stuff we needed to
do today.

Today we bought a 802.11b WiFi base station and router ($19.95 after
rebates) - now our four laptops are able to get to the information
resources we need at the same time.  If the services I listed were
available here in Las Vegas, I would have had most of the info I
wanted without all the hassles.

I want to be able to access these services "Anywhere, Anytime, " not
just when I am in a trusted environment with a wired broadband
connection.