[opendtv] Re: Mobile DTV test

  • From: Craig Birkmaier <craig@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2004 10:02:28 -0400

At 9:36 AM -0400 4/14/04, Tom Barry wrote:
>That is probably true for casual viewing by a single individual.  But
>for shared viewing as a social experience there is a place for home
>theater, in a special room set up for that purpose.  For instance it
>seems to be replacing the fireplace in many homes, including mine.

yup

It's called venues of information and entertainment.

I would add, that while most kitchens do not have cable drops, most
bedrooms do. I seriously question the amount of personal viewing that
is actually OTA viewing using a portable NTSC receiver.

By the way, we have five TVs in our home, all connected to cable.
There are times that at least four of them are in use, like the
screen behind my back that I am listening to as I type.