[opendtv] Re: Mobile DTV test

  • From: Tom Barry <trbarry@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 09:19:33 -0400

 > obey OUR rules. There is nothing in the Broadcast Flag rules to
 > prevent you from building a completely legal PC media center.

Yes, it may be possible to put a BF compliant TV card in a PC, or set
a compliant TV on top of a PC.  But if PC's cannot gracefully interact
with the CE guys idea of a home media server then I still predict many
media functions will be usurped by general purpose home computer DATA
servers that are much less restrictive, though not compliant.  And if
this happens then any media is more likely to both come from and be
shared on the Internet.

- Tom