[opendtv] Re: Mobile DTV test

  • From: Bob Miller <bob@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: opendtv@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 19:32:19 -0400

John,

You wouldn't settle for figuratively lying or just plain lying? It has
to be emphatically, intensely "literally" lying?

And I don't  remember saying they were being held up. F**K or not.

 From what I understand one thing they seem to have in spades is DESIRE.
Whether as some suggest there may or may not be demand who knows. They
were in a big hurry last I heard. Content seems to be a big worry with
you. Doesn't seem to be a big problem with them unless you mean picking
among a plethora of choices with limited bandwidth.

Problems till now included waiting for DVB-h to be finalized. Was it in
February? And then they have to design and build receivers and do some
market test in the real world. I heard Eastern US City sometime in the
next few months.

Real company, real spectrum but who knows anything can happen. I
wouldn't want to build a business with DVB-h on cell phones.

They could be going gangbusters or have quit, I haven't heard anything
in over a month. And I make no case for their ability to "make
compelling content". And then again in a year or so maybe we will all be
watching TV while we take pictures with our cell phones. Who would have
believed any of this a few years ago.

Bob Miller