[lit-ideas] Re: Some of you may remember ... ueber-gaffe

  • From: Eric Yost <mr.eric.yost@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 12 Oct 2008 14:14:05 -0400

>>Can you blame Bloom or Ingarten for not emailing you?

Wouldn't that postulate a universal? I spoke to Bloom after he gave a reading from _J_ when the book just came out, but Harold Bloom speaks to everyone. He really does.

Once I saw Bloom crossing Houston Street near the Angelica. He was apparently returning from the Feast of Saint Anthony fair. He had a large cupey doll under his arm. Bloom was lucky that day.

We didn't speak to each other. My E-mail remains empty of influence. Bloom with the doll sticks in memory. I'd be an asshole to forget something like that ... which makes me wonder about all the things I have forgotten and which ones indict me as odious ...

EY