[lit-ideas] Re: Some of you may remember ... ueber-gaffe

  • From: David Ritchie <ritchierd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2008 12:38:40 -0700

On Oct 10, 2008, at 12:08 PM, Eric Yost wrote:

I can imagine the 15-second attack ad though:

SHOT OF PLANE HITTING SOUTH TOWER
SHOT OF OBAMA WITH VOICEOVER: "'You know, a lot of you remember the tragedy of 9/11 and where you were on that day..."
SHOT OF PLANE HITTING SOUTH TOWER
GOP VOIOCEOVER: "Yes, Senator Obama. A lot of us may remember..."
MCCAIN/PALIN LOGO

No, this plays to the wrong demographic. McCain/Palin need to capture the young vote so,

SHOT OF POLAR BEAR ALONE ON ICEBERG
SHOT OF OBAMA WITH VOICEOVER: " You know, a lot of you remember the tragedy of 9/11 and where you were on that day..."
SHOT OF SHINING CITY ON HILL
GOP VOICEOVER: "Yes, Senator Obama. A lot of us may remember...but all of us don't appreciate Harvard-type memorializer guys talking down to us when we want to move forward and not get tangled up in who did what to who type thing..."

PALIN FOR PRESIDENT LOGO

David Ritchie,
Portland, Oregon