[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: "Judith Evans" <judithevans1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 18:42:45 +0100

LH>"Assault deaths"???  I haven't run across that category.

the primary source is OECD's Health Statistics (for 1999)

LH> But I am familiar with the "violent crime" category in which
you in
LH> Britain and our compatriots down under both surpass the U.S.

From the International Crime Victims Survey (which obviously
doesn't
include deaths...)

http://www.ruljis.leidenuniv.nl/group/jfcr/www/icvs/

the table here

http://www.ruljis.leidenuniv.nl/group/jfcr/www/icvs/data/i_VIC.HTM

shows that the figure for "assault and threat" is higher in the
US than in
both England and Wales, and Scotland).  It also shows what kind
of
crime comes under the heading of "violent crime".  I'll list
the categories:

car  theft; theft from car;  car damage;  motor bicycle  theft;
bicycle theft;
burglary attempt;  burglary; theft  from garages; robbery;  theft
of  personal
property; sexual  offences; assault and threat.

I think I'll continue to take my chance here

Judy Evans, Cardiff

"Assault deaths"???  I haven't run across that category.  But I
am familiar with the "violent crime" category in which you in
Britain and our compatriots down under both surpass the U.S.
http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=21902

Lawrence