[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: Carol Kirschenbaum <carolkir@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 12:50:41 -0700

Eric observed:
>I mean, the choice doesn't really isolate the object so much as the
>maleness of the object. Maybe average testosterone jumps higher with a
>saber and declines with the catapult? We don't really know.

ck: The choice of object is one problem with this experiment. The choice of
punishment by each group also is problematical. What ethnicity were the
individuals in each group? Testosterone might be a null factor if the guy's
Mexican! I gather the scientists (using that term loosely, as ever) believe
that hot sauce is punishing. But as we know, some like it hot.
Carol,
a red pepper hummus for breakfast kind of gal