[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: "John McCreery" <john.mccreery@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 11:37:56 +0900

On 5/31/06, JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx <JimKandJulieB@xxxxxxx> wrote:

The only conceivable reason I could imagine for owning a gun is protection.
I prefer either mace or pepper spray, depending on which does least lasting
damage (something I keep putting off investigating).

Personally, I like my military daughter's attitude, and mind you she's
no stranger to guns, having undergone Marine infantry training at
Quantico and outshot a whole boatload of Marines to win her expert
marksman's qualification with a .45 automatic. While she was at
Pensecola, a burglar broke into her apartment. Her friends said,
"Don't you want to get a gun?" She replied, "Why would I want to do
that? I can't carry it on base, and if I leave it home and a  burglar
breaks in, all I will have done is arm a criminal."

Cheers,

John

--
John McCreery