[lit-ideas] Re: Didn't I tell you so?

  • From: Paul Stone <pas@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 May 2006 13:29:48 -0400

At 01:12 PM 5/30/2006, you wrote:

>>psychologists again measured testosterone levels and discovered high levels in men who had had handled the gun

What if it were a choice between a gun, a saber, a catapult, and a Barbie Doll set? Or a choice between the board games Mouse Trap and Risk? Or a choice between a flower arrangement and a Swifter dry mop? I mean, the choice doesn't really isolate the object so much as the maleness of the object. Maybe average testosterone jumps higher with a saber and declines with the catapult? We don't really know.

If the tests were redone using a bunch of different things, the results would be 'intriguing' to say the least. Perhaps watching "Steel Magnolias" would cause testosterone to plummet, looking at a Georgia O'keefe's "Large Dark Red Leaves On White" on the other hand...

Paul Stone
pas@xxxxxxxx
Kingsville, ON, Canada