[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Andy Amago" <aamago@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 25 Jun 2006 11:10:12 -0400

Hitler as well as Pound admired Mussolini.  Hitler patterned himself on
Mussolini.  Mussolini's Black Shirts were the prototype for Hitler's Brown
Shirts (S.A.).   Hitler had this thing for Mussolini (not the other way
around) and stood by him through Mussolini's 'adventures' in Ethiopia and
Greece.  Their brands of fascism were very similar.  Some historians say
that if Hitler hadn't spent so much energy on bailing Mussolini out of
Greece that he might have succeeded in Russia.

For Lawrence, you said in your post in big letters that we need to be
FIGHTING BACK.  Your emphasis.  Kindly supply specifics of how we are to do
that, i.e., politically, militarily, economically, just how?   Surely if
you're advocating something in capital letters you have some idea of what
you're advocacy looks like?