[lit-ideas] Re: Aren't you glad you no longer have a Hitler problem?

  • From: "Stan Spiegel" <writeforu2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <lit-ideas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 24 Jun 2006 12:51:59 -0400

L.H. "Leftists seek out new opportunities to attack the U.S. while the Islamic
Fascists remain unopposed by them. "

Where and how do you come up with such garbage, Lawrence? Leftists are
anti-American? What makes you think that?

If I'm what you call a "leftist," it's not America I attack when I criticize
the White House and this administration, it's Bush, his unrelenting
incompetence, his lack of concern for the public interest, his focus on
comforting the comfortable and afflicting the afflicted, his willingness to lie
to us at every turn, etc.

Are you so unaware of our history that you consider criticizing Bush as
anti-American rather than patriotic?  Dissent, from what you seem to be saying,
is unacceptable. Is that what you're saying?
And Leftists are unopposed to the Islamic crazies out there?

For such a bright guy, you leave me bewildered.

Stan Spiegel
Portland, ME