[jhb] FS Scenery

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 9 Aug 2011 23:16:39 -0000

Digging through the box of DVD's I have for FS reveals quite a few scenery
disks and my suspicion is that many can go straight in the skip. Before I do
so can I check that I'm not throwing away the wrong boxes?

First is the four box set of Visual Flight photo scenery - John's original
release. I assume this was replaced or improved by Horizon GenX and that it
isn't worth installing.

Next is the Horizon scenery but it is puzzling me. I seem to have the
original GenX three disk set but the boxes say this is for FSX only. I also
have the GenX V.2 disk set which claims it is compatible with FS2004 as well
as FSX. If the latter is true then I see no reason the install the original
set and should also throw the original GenX DVD's away too.

Is this correct or are there any solid reasons for installing the Visual
Flight scenery again or the Generation X V.1 scenery?

As to flight sim itself I presume there isn't any problem installing FS2004
and then FSX -or would it be better doing it the other way round? I seem to
recall the FSX install was reported to mess up any FS2004 links..

http://woodair.net