[jhb] Re: FS Scenery

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 15:46:59 -0000

Even though the laptop couldn't run flight sim I tried to keep up to date
with changes - that's why I got FSX early and the Horizon scenery disks.

I also downloaded some stuff from the web and bunged the files on the
external drive ready for such time I was able to install FS again. One
problem is that I'm not sure what some of them do now and I suspect some are
well out of date. I've a bunch of UK VFR Project files and they are
definitely old hat but might be worth a quick check. I also see a Plan G zip
in the folder but again it's from 2009 so also out of date.

What seems more worthy of checking are some PMDG downloads and some FSX
files. Obviously one is the SP1 update as it is called FSX_SP1_ENU.exe but I
don't seem to have the SP2 update you mention.

There is another file called FSXPlanner and I don't know what that is for as
the zip only contains an MSI installer file. I guess I'll have to run that
to see what it does.

There is a final file just called FSXUpdate but it is puzzling. The
properties show that it is a digitally signed file from Microsoft but the
Details tab shows that the product name is Microsoft Flight Simulator X
Photo Scen.. (the rest of the line blocked by the limited window width).
File version is 11.0.0.28844 and copyright by Macrovision. It is dated 2007
so might be a very early update..

http://woodair.net