[jhb] Re: FS Scenery

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 07:50:13 -0000

That is what puzzled me. The Gen X v.1 package doesn't mention FS2004 at all
so it infers it is only an FSX version. Maybe that is because it only has
the high res photo scenery that FS2004 can't display. The Gen X v.2 DVD
clearly mentions FS2004 so maybe it has both resolutions on the disks.

It makes me think I can dump the v.1 package as the wrappers for v.1 and v.2
are identical - same three covers for the three disks. I guess the Visual
Flight disks are  totally redundant and only worth keeping for nostalgia or
in tribute to John Farrie who kicked the whole thing off. I still remember
us running tests on the beta section he made for south Wales and this beta
kicking off the manufacture of masts and wind farms.

http://woodair.net