[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: Thom Holwerda <slakje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:42:50 +0200

Going to BeGeistert is basically a vacation for me. Vacation costs money. Money doesn't grow on trees. Do the math. :)

OSNews is a voluntary effort, meaning I don't get paid to do what I do. In other words, it's not like "OSNews" will pay for the trip and the stay. I'm just a student with an apartment and a car to pay, while also having responsibilities at my work. Add all that up, and little trips like going to BeGeistert simply isn't as easy as "being interested and going".

And "Waltercon" wouldn't be a holiday? :-/

TBH. to claim in one post that you would make detailed report on one conference while claiming in another that the other is a holiday is at least disingenuous.

It applies to both Waltercon and BeGeistert and any other conference people want me (as OSNews) to attend. You made it seem as if me being merely 'interested' would be more than enough to actually go. Which is not the case, as I've been trying to say.

Thom