[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 11:32:37 +0200

On 2007-04-25 at 10:49:46 [+0200], Simon Taylor <simontaylor1@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Probably the biggest thing in the way is organisation - wouldn't
> want to burden any of the developers with that task - but there is no-one
> in Europe similar to mphipps or koki-before-he-left.

The BeGeistert team provides for a lot of infra structure like power cords,
network hubs etc, they handle registration and manage the event on site.
But the actual organization of the event in terms of booking a place isn't
_that_ much work. The bigger problem is that for such a large group, places
like the hostel I booked for BeGeistert one year ago will not be available
anymore. You have to book several months in advance to get the conference
rooms, and there are not many hostels large enough. I have no clue about
alternatives to youth hostels, but I would assume there are some.

Best regards,
-Stephan