[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: Thom Holwerda <slakje@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2007 17:28:38 +0200

Were WalterCon to be held in Europe, I can go there to write detailed
reports for OSNews, hopefully doing my own (little) part in what you
described above. There is little I can promise though, sadly, since
OSNews is a voluntary effort so most of the cost of going/staying there would probably rest on my own shoulders (it might be OSNews' owner chips
in, but I don't know).

If you're so interested in writing about Haiku why haven't you been to BeGeistert in the past?

Going to BeGeistert is basically a vacation for me. Vacation costs money. Money doesn't grow on trees. Do the math. :)

OSNews is a voluntary effort, meaning I don't get paid to do what I do. In other words, it's not like "OSNews" will pay for the trip and the stay. I'm just a student with an apartment and a car to pay, while also having responsibilities at my work. Add all that up, and little trips like going to BeGeistert simply isn't as easy as "being interested and going".

Thom