[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: Charlie Clark <charlie@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2007 16:13:13 +0200

Am 25.04.2007 um 11:32 schrieb Stephan Assmus:

The BeGeistert team provides for a lot of infra structure like power cords, network hubs etc, they handle registration and manage the event on site. But the actual organization of the event in terms of booking a place isn't _that_ much work. The bigger problem is that for such a large group, places like the hostel I booked for BeGeistert one year ago will not be available anymore. You have to book several months in advance to get the conference rooms, and there are not many hostels large enough. I have no clue about
alternatives to youth hostels, but I would assume there are some.

The next BeGeistert will be in Düsseldorf in the autumn. This is partly down to the cumulative delay of the last two events but also down to the very poor attendance at the last BeGeistert in Milan.

Apart from the name, which antedates Waltercon by quite a bit, I can't think of any substantial difference between the contents of the two events. But if anyone has the urge to organise a get-together, then by all means.

Charlie
--
Charlie Clark
Helmholtzstr. 20