[openbeos] Re: Waltercon 07

  • From: "Cian Duffy" <myob87@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 02:03:48 +0100

On 25/04/07, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
> >From what I have heard so far, the next BeGeistert will happen this
Autumn. I
> would not want to create a competing event. IMHO, if we want to organize
an
> event, it should happen the beginning of this Summer to compensate for
the
> skipped BeGeistert.

The summer is the most expensive season for air fares and/or hotels. If
you to give people that need to take a plane to get to WC a reasonable
chance to attend, then you need to avoid the high-season.

This is why I suggested autumn. We've missed the spring, and summer is too
expensive.

Early winter - November - would be the best to not-clash-with-BG and still
be in 2007.

Cian

Cheers,

Koki