[openbeos] Another binary compatibility success story.

  • From: "Zenja Solaja" <solaja@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 09:18:55 +0000

Morning / Afternoon / Evening.

I was just playing with a recent Haiku image (VM Fusion on a MBP C2D), and
decided to see how well it would handle one of my uncompleted applications
developed for BeOS R5  (one in a long series of many uncompleted apps).
Anyway, to my astonishment, Haiku started the application like a champ, and
it has a surprisingly small number of issues remaining.  I must congratulate
the Haiku team on the effort spent trying to achieve backwards binary
compatibility, and to see a BeOS application 'just work' without any silly
configuration and installation issues is simply amazing.

Well done everyone.

<obligatory screenshot>
http://members.optusnet.com.au/hotw/Leaf.png