[openbeos] Re: New website home page mockup

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 13:46:31 -0700

Axel Dörfler wrote:

* simplify the development section on the front page
What is there to simplify being that developers are our key targets at this point in time?

I'm fine with what's currently visible in the mockup - the only problem I'd see is that there currently is no general development mailing list; at least this list doesn't really fit to that title.

I was waiting for someone to catch that! Since we are expressly trying to reach out to the dev community, it would be beneficial to have a mailing list where subscribers can focus on development. Time for haiku-dev? :-)

How would you (Waldemar, obviously) like to simplify this one? What do you think can (or even should) be hidden?
(and later it
should go away, completely)
This will be determined depending on the needs of the project. Let's not try to predict the future. :-)

Well, our focus will be getting users interested, once we have R1 done. There is nothing that will change that. Unlike BeOS, we already have hundreds of apps available when we have our release - some of them are even usable ;-)

Or even when (if?) there is a public beta? :-)

Koki