[openbeos] Re: New website home page mockup

  • From: "Urias McCullough" <umccullough@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 00:03:58 -0700

On 8/27/06, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

http://www.zeta-zone.net/haiku/haiku-home-mockup.jpg

I hope his will help visualize what I think would be the best way to
expose the sheer amount and types of information that we will have on
our website; this would also reflect that focus that we want to have on
developers for now.

I agree with Michael S. that it seems too busy.  Dumping some of that into
"next-level" navigation might be best.

Also, the description of Haiku in the upper left corner seems like a waste
of precious space.  People who visit the site often will not need to read
that - it should be replaced with a "What is Haiku" link or something IMO.

Otherwise, I think it's a very good concept and moving in the right
direction :)

- Urias