[openbeos] Re: New website home page mockup

  • From: Gavin James <gavin.james@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 14:49:53 +0100

Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) wrote:

Just one more question: should the language pop up stay? Do you intend to have localized welcome messages while keeping all the other content in English?

It does not have to stay for now; however, I would like to have the capability in the future.

We could detect what language the user's browser is configured to use and default to that, perhaps with a smaller "Change Language" link elsewhere to override?

By the way, this mockup is meant to be just conceptual; the design itself, including selection of color, fonts, icons, etc. is not necessarily good.

Agreed. I'd love to see some designers "do their thing" with this concept! Petter? Austin? Ralf?

- Gavin