[openbeos] Re: Icon Contest Rating Categories

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 06:55:38 -0700

Hi Stephan,

Stephan Assmus wrote:
Zenja Solaja <solaja@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Speaking of the beta icon voting page, how come the "honey" set :

http://mockuplab.blogspot.com/2006/08/honey-experience-is-started.html http://mockuplab.googlepages.com/Honey.png

isn't available for rating? That set is particularly sweet, and the author (*Mariano Viola) is making the set specifically for the Haiku icon contest.

Yes, I *know*! We tried to contact him several times! He just needs to make individual transparent PNGs as required for the contest and send us an email... We have done all we could to communicate this. I want to have the set in the contest as well (though I'm absolutely convinced that the set would impose huge performance issues and look not good at lower resolutions). But I want it for food of thought/variety. But all I got is this screen shot, which doesn't have transparent background. :-(

"My Desktop is not going to have performance issues because of those icons."

This is the only rating criteria that we may have problems with. How do we expect people to know what the impact on performance will be for any given icon set?

/me probably exposing his ignorance

The other rating criteria looks quite fine.

Koki