[openbeos] Re: New website home page mockup

  • From: "Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki)" <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2006 19:15:44 -0700

Hi Waldemar,

Waldemar Kornewald wrote:
first of all, don't be afraid, the new theme which I uploaded doesn't
mean that Petter won the contest. It's just ready for use and better
than what we had. :)
Thanks for you work, Petter! If you want to continue, please download
the CSS from the server because I modified it a little bit.

FWIW, the current Haiku logo does not render properly in IE 6.0 (because it is a "png" file with transparencies?). Before anyone tries to tell me, I do know it is an IE problem; but I do not want the Haiku website to look bad, so I suggest that we change the logo to a format that renders correctly in any browser.

Jorge, I've installed the "epublish" plugin which should allow for
making those newsletters you wanted to have (by grouping multiple
articles into a newsletter). Please play with it (in admin->epublish
section). I haven't had the time to try it, but I saw that someone was
doing something like a magazine with it.

I was not expecting a separate module for the newsletter, but since you added it, I will take a look. Thanks!

Koki