[openbeos] Re: New website home page mockup

  • From: "Waldemar Kornewald" <wkornew@xxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Aug 2006 19:30:09 +0200

Hi Jorge,

On 8/29/06, Jorge G. Mare (a.k.a. Koki) <koki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Was there any specific content that you feel is more important than the
rest and is not getting the right amount of attention? If so, please be
specific.

Well, I think that on an overloaded page the important content can never get the right amount of attention. I'd say: * remove "Forums" and "Documentation Updates" (both are not really important, the latter is important to admins only, but those can use the "content" admin section, for example) * simplify the development section on the front page (and later it should go away, completely) * reduce the number of quick-links on the front page * make links more obvious (some better color, bold text) * emphasize important words in the intro text (similar to the current website; that is really important)

Bye,
Waldemar Kornewald