[gmpi] Re: New Reqs 3.8 - Events

  • From: "Michael Gogins" <gogins@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gmpi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2003 20:39:29 -0500

It's precisely when there is a song (as opposed to pure improvization or
pure live play), and the player starts in the middle of the score, that I
need time to be counted from the beginning of the score.

This is for the benefit of plugins that contain their own scores that must
be synchronized with the host's score. For example, a composition using
CsoundVST in Cubase where some of the piece is notated in Cubase, and some
is algorithmically generated in CsoundVST but must be synchronized with the
notation.

Michael Gogins
gogins at pipeline period com
Irreducible Productions
CsoundVST, an extended version of Csound for programming music and sound
Available at http://sourceforge.net/projects/csound/